LATICRETE® Hydro Ban®
LATICRETE® Hydro Ban® is a thin, load bearing waterproofing/ crack isolation membrane that does not require the use of fabric in the field, coves or corners. It is a single component self curing liquid rubber polymer that forms a flexible, seamless waterproofing membrane. LATICRETE® Hydro Ban® bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates.
• Single component
• No fabric required for joints upto 3mm
• Bonds directly to copper, steel & PVC plumbing fixtures
• Fast drying, allows for flood test in 24 hours
Surface to be waterproofed should be plumb and true to within 3mm in 3m. Rough or uneven masonry, concrete or mortar bed surfaces should be made smooth or leveled with Polymer mortar, as described above, to provide a steel float finish. Surfaces should be clean and free from dirt, grease, concrete sealers or curing compounds. Dry or dusty surfaces must be dampened and swept off. Check the plaster thoroughly and in case of cracks, treat the cracks with a flexible crack filling material
1. First treat any coves or corners. Double application of liquid is required for all coves, corners, board joints, differential material joints and changes in plane.
2. Apply a liberal coat of LATICRETE® Hydroban approximately 4”(10cm) on each side of corner or cove, differential material joints and treated crack surfaces.
3. Now apply the first coat of LATICRETE® Hydroban over the entire surface to be waterproofed, going back over the areas where pre-application of Hydroban is done.
4. Allow the membrane to dry for 2-3 hours.
5. When membrane is dry to touch, spread a second and top coat of LATICRETE® Hydroban over the entire surface including the pre-treated areas.
6. When the membrane is dry to touch, tiles can be installed using LATICRETE® Thin set adhesive fortified with latex.
The LATICRETE® Hydro Ban is designed to suppress the hairline shrinkage cracks up to 3mm in concrete and cement plaster, without the use of fabric rolls. (It has more than 400% elongation).
• Interior and exterior
• Swimming pools, fountains and water bodies
• Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds
• Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries
• Spas and hot tubs
• Kitchens and food processing areas
• Terraces and balconies over unoccupied spaces
• Counter-tops and facades
• Steam rooms (when used in conjunction with vapour barrier)
• Concrete & brick masonry Cement mortar beds
• Cement plaster Gypsum wallboard*
• Exterior glue plywood* Ceramic tile & stone**
• Cement terrazzo** Cement backer board***
*Interior applications only.
** If skim coated with a LATICRETE Latex Thin-set Mortar
***Consult cement backer board manufacturer fo r specific installation recommendations and to verify acceptability for exterior use.