LATICRETE® 9237 Waterproofing Membrane
It is a roller applied, liquid waterproofing membrane for direct use under thin and thick-bed installations of ceramic tile, stone and other finishes. It is recommended for residential and commercial floor and wall installations.
5 ltr and 20 ltr
Note: Membrane reinforcing fabric for coves, corners and broad joints is sold separately.
Approx. 200-225 sq. ft. per 20 ltr pail
- EN 1491
- ANSI: A 118.10
• Fast and easy to install – applies like paint
• Water cleanable when fresh
• Proven history
Surface to be waterproofed should be plumb and true to within 3mm in 3m. Rough or uneven masonry, concrete or mortar bed surfaces should be made smooth or leveled with Portland cement-sand mortar, as described above, to provide a steel float finish. Surfaces should be clean and free from dirt, grease, concrete sealers or curing compounds. Dry or dusty surfaces must be dampened and swept off. Check the plaster thoroughly and in case of cracks, treat the cracks with a flexible crack filling material.
1. First treat any coves or corners. Double application of fabric and liquid is required for all coves, corners, board joints and changes in plane.
2. Apply a liberal coat of LATICRETE® 9237 approximately 4”(10cm) on each side of corner or cove.
3. Fold the 6”(15cm) wide fabric in half, place it in the corner or cove and embed in the liquid coat, press firmly with a brush or roller to allow complete bleed through of liquid.
4. Seal the fabric with Top coat of LATICRETE® 9237.
5. Now apply a liberal coat (0.5mm-0.75mm) of LATICRETE® 9237 over the entire surface to be waterproofed, going back over the fabric reinforced areas.
6. Allow the membrane to dry for 2-3 hours.
7. When membrane is dry to touch, spread a second and top coat (0.5mm-0.75mm) of LATICRETE® 9237 over the entire surface including the fabric reinforced areas.
8. When the membrane is dry to touch, tiles can be installed using LATICRETE® Thin set adhesive fortified with latex.
The fabric used with the liquid 9237 can be used to treat hairline shrinkage cracks upto 3mm in concrete and cement plaster.
1. Apply a liberal coat of LATICRETE® 9237 approximately 4”(10cm) on each side of crack.
2. Imbed the 6”(15cm) wide reinforcing fabric on the applied liquid and press firmly with brush or roller to allow complete bleed through of liquid.
3. After the first coat is dry to touch, top coat the fabric with LATICRETE® 9237.
4. Tiles can be installed when the membrane is dry to touch.
Kitchens, bathrooms, swimming pools, terrace gardens etc.
• Concrete & brick masonry
• Cement mortar beds
• Cement plaster
• Gypsum wallboard
• Exterior grade plywood
• Ceramic tile & stone
• Cement terrazzo
• Cement backer board