LATICRETE® 226 THICK BED MORTAR
A factory prepared blend of raw materials, Portland cement and graded aggregates, it is designed for use with LATICRETE® 3642 Latex Admix and water to produce high strength thick bed adhesive upto 50 mm for installation of all types of ceramic tiles, vitrified tiles & natural stone. The mixture can be used as interior & exterior cement plaster or as screed for floors & walls and swimming pools.
LATICRETE® 3642 LATEX CONCENTRATE FOR THICK BED MORTAR
LATICRETE® 3642 is a concentrated Latex Admix which is diluted with water on site and then mixed with portland cement and sand to make cement plasters, renders, coatings, mortar beds and screeds. Portland cement mortars which have been modified with LATICRETE® 3642 have greatly improved physical characteristics and can be used in exterior, interior as well as underwater plasters, screeds and renders.
- Increased bond and compressive strength
- Water resistant; suitable for submerged applications.
- Superior flexibility
- Can be used for repairs & patching of concrete
a) If a plaster/leveling mortar bed is applied, ensure that it is cured for at least 7 days to achieve proper strength before application of tile adhesive for installation of tiles.
b) Ensure the substrate is clean and free from impurities like dust, dirt, debris, oil, grease, curing agents, loose plaster etc.
c) Dampen the surface before application of thin set adhesive
d) Clean the back of stone for any dust or coating.
All surfaces should be structurally sound, clean and free of all dirt, oil, grease, curing compounds etc. Dry, dusty concrete surface or masonry should be dampened and excess water swept off. Installation may be made on a damp surface. If the concrete or masonry surface is very old, apply a slurry bond coat of LATICRETE® 111, filler powder mixed with LATICRETE® 3642 diluted with water in the ratio of 1:3, prior to installation of mortar bed.
PRIMING with Slurry Bond Coat: Priming of the surface can be done by mixing LATICRETE® 111 powder with LATICRETE® 3642 diluted with water in the ratio of 1:3. When the slurry bond coat is tacky, mix and apply the thick bed adhesive.
1. Mix LATICRETE® 3642 concentrated liquid admix with potable water in the desired ratio ie 1:4 in a clean container.
2. Add LATICRETE® 226 powder to the diluted LATICRETE® 3642 directly.
3. Add the powder mix to the liquid and mix slowly, adjust the mix to a semi dry consistency.
4. Place the mortar while the slurry bond coat is still wet and tacky.
5. Compact the surface of the mortar with flat trowel and ensure all voids are filled.
6. Level the mortar true and plumb to carry on with installation of tiles using the slurry bond coat. Place the tiles in the wet slurry bond coat and embed into the adhesive using a rubber mallet maintaining the finish levels. Use spacers as required between the tiles.
7. Wait 12-24 hours for the mortar to set and cure before starting the grouting work.
Interior & exterior floor & walls.
Concrete & Cement Mortar Bed