1. What is LATASCREED 100?
LATASCREED 100 is a factory made underlay cement which is engineered to produce high strength screed / mortar with water and aggregates at site for use in internal and external floors. It is designed to produce and lay bonded, un-bonded or floating screeds.
2. Where can I use this engineered cement?
You can use LATASCREED 100 for internal and external areas like residential floors, commercial floors and industrial floors, parking lots etc.
3. How much water is to be mixed with LATASCREED 100?
For 25 Kg bag of LATASCREED 100, one needs 8 to 12 Liters of water. Mix water depending upon the consistency of mix required and ambient environmental conditions.
4. Can I use this product before laying tiles or stones?
Yes. One can lay this screed made with LATASCREED 100 before installation of tiles, stones, carpets, vinyl flooring or wooden flooring.
5. When can I do tiling after laying screed with LATASCREED 100?
Tiles can be laid in the traditional methodology (Wet on Wet system) using LATICRETE® SBA 20, Slurry bond Adhesive. One can also wait for 3 days after laying the screed to install tiles using a thin set adhesive. Both the methods offer great advantage over normal OPC which results in very well bonded tiles without hollow sounds and chipping or popping of tiles.
6. What is the advantage of LATASCREED 100 over normal OPC cement?
The OPC cement based screeds would require water curing for a minimum period of 11 days for gaining complete strength. The screeds made with LATASCREED 100 don’t require water curing and have better workability, compaction and finish. This is part of MBS system due to this distinct advantage. It is a great advantage when high absorbent natural stones are being installed on floors, there is absolutely no moisture present when the underlay is made with LATASCREED 100.
7. What is MBS system? How does LATASCREED 100 help in this regard?
MBS system is Moisture Barrier System which is the proprietary system from MYK LATICRETE India. This is especially for Natural stones which develop stains due to their porosity and absorption of liquids. LATASCREED 100 screed does not require water curing which makes the screed dry without moisture and hence natural stones are not stained due to screed moisture.
8. Can I use stone dust or crushed stone sand in place of river sand to make screed when using LATASCREED 100?
Yes. One can use crushed sand, stone dust or artificial sand for making screeds with LATASCREED 100.
9. What is the maximum thickness of bonded screed when made with LATASCREED 100?
One can make a bonded screed / un-bonded screed up to 70mm with LATASCREED 100 without any issues.
10. What is the ideal mix proportion of LATASCREED 100 to sand (aggregates)?
When one wants high strength screeds, the proportion would be 1:3 (LATASCREED 100: aggregates). One can go up to 1:8 proportion for low strength screeds. It is important to check the strength of screed with a control sample made with LATASCREED 100 and the local aggregates before commencing the work on large areas.
11. What are the precautions that need to be taken before laying the screed made with LATASCREED 100?
The precautions before laying the LATASCREED 100 screed are:
- Use good quality water to mix the screed
- Ensure concrete surface is cleaned without debris, curing compounds, dust or any other contaminants.
- Pre-wet the concrete surface to ensure Surface saturated Dry conditions (SSD condition)
- Key coat (Priming coat) should be done using LATASCREED 100 mixed with water to form slurry ensuring minimum 1 Kg consumption per Square Meter area of floor.
- Mix the screed materials using LATASCREED 100 uniformly without any lumps. Check the consistency of screed.
- Place the mixed materials of screed made with LATASCREED 100 when the key coat is still tacky.