1. What is LATAFIX 305?
LATAFIX 305 is cement based thin set adhesive which is mixed with water and used for tile installation in internal areas.
2. Where can I use this adhesive?
You can use LATAFIX 305 for internal areas
like residential floors, walls to install ceramic tiles.
3. How much water is to be mixed with LATAFIX 305?
For 20 Kg bag of LATAFIX 305, one needs 5 to 6 Liters of water. Mix water depending upon the consistency of mix required and ambient environmental conditions.
4. Can I use this product for other type of tiles like Vitrified and Glass mosaic tiles?
For vitrified tiles or Glass mosaic tiles, one has to choose modified adhesives like LATICRETE® 252 or above. If you want to install vitrified tiles using LATAFIX 305, mix this powder with LATICRETE® 73 Latex admix instead of mixing with water.
5. What is the maximum size of tile that can be installed using LATAFIX 305?
The maximum size of ceramic tile is 300mm X 300mm for installation with LATAFIX 305 + water. If you are installing tiles larger than this size ask MYK LATICRETE team member for a suitable thin set adhesive
6. Can I use LATAFIX 305 for external tile installations?
For external tile installations, the thermal stresses are critical and would need adhesive to become accommodative to the movements arising from these stresses. Hence it is recommended to use LATICRETE® 73, latex admix instead of water with LATAFIX 305, to install tiles on external surfaces.
7. Can I install Natural stones using LATAFIX 305?
When you want to install Natural stones with LATAFIX 305, seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member as natural stones are varied and have absorption which may create problems like staining of stones, ugly patches, picture framing etc.,