1. What is LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver?
LATICRETE® 290 is high polymers and cement based thin set adhesive which is mixed with water and used for tile installation in internal and external areas.
2. Where can I use this adhesive? Someone told me that LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver is only for small glass mosaic tiles.
You can use LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver for internal and external areas like residential floors, walls to install ceramic / vitrified/ glass mosaic tiles.
3. How much water is to be mixed with LATICRETE® 252?
For 20 Kg bag of LATICRETE® 252, one needs 5 to 6 Liters of water. Mix water depending upon the consistency of mix required and ambient environmental conditions.
4. Can I use this product for other type of tiles like metal tiles?
For metal tile installation, use epoxy based thin set adhesive. Seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member for suitable adhesive for the type of metal tile used.
5. What is the maximum size of tile that can be installed using LATICRETE® 252?
The maximum size of ceramic / vitrified tile is 1000mm X 1000mm for installation with LATICRETE® 252 + water. If you are installing tiles larger than this size ask MYK LATICRETE team member for a suitable thin set adhesive.
6. Can I use LATICRETE® 252 for external tile installations?
Yes. For external tile installations, the thermal stresses are critical and would need adhesive to become accommodative to the movements arising from these stresses. LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver has the ability to accommodate such movements.
7. Can I install Natural stones using LATICRETE® 252?
When you want to install Natural stones with LATICRETE® 252, seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member as natural stones are of various types and have absorption which may create problems like staining of stones, ugly patches, picture framing etc.,
8. If I want to use LATICRETE® 252 for internal / external wall tiling, what is the maximum height up to which I can install tiles?
The maximum height is 50 ft when you want to install tiles using LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver. For installation of tiles more than 50 ft height, please seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member.
9. Can I install Engineered stones / Agglomerates / Quartz using LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver?
If the engineered stones / Agglomerates / Quartz stones have to be installed on floors, you may use LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver. But the size of stones shall not be more than 600mm X 600 mm. For sizes higher than this, contact MYK LATICRETE Team member for seeking advice.
10. My design of external wall does not provide for spacing between tiles. Can I proceed using LATICRETE® 252 Ag Silver?
No. It is mandatory to have spacing between the tiles when installed on external façade. The thermal movements are very high and spacers are must to accommodate such movements.
11. What should I fill in the space between tiles on external facades after installation with LATICRETE® 262 Ag Silver?
You have to use LATICRETE® cement based grout (LATICRETE® 500 series sanded grout / LATICRETE® 600 series un sanded grout / LATICRETE® Aquashield) mixed with LATICRETE® 1776 grout admix plus for filling these spaces (Grout joints) between tiles.