1. What is LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333 adhesive?
LATICRETE® 290 cement based thin set adhesive powder when mixed with LATICRETE® 333 Super flexible Latex liquid forms highly flexible thin set adhesive and used for tile / stone installation on exterior grade plywood board floors and walls. This adhesive can also be used for installation of tiles and large format stones on the external facades.
2. Where can I use this adhesive?
You can use LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333 for internal and external areas like residential floors, walls to install ceramic / vitrified/ glass mosaic tiles on exterior grade plywood boards. This combination thin set adhesive is recommended especially for very large format tiles and stones on external surfaces.
3. How much LATICRETE® 333 liquid is to be mixed with LATICRETE® 290 powder?
For 20 Kg bag of LATICRETE® 290 powder, one needs 6 to 7 Liters of LATICRETE® 333. Mix liquid depending upon the consistency of mix required and ambient environmental conditions.
4. Is it true that it is difficult to use 2 component products such as LATICRETE® 290+LATICRETE® 333, compared to single powder product mixed with water?
Not true. In fact it is easier with two component products as there is no water mixed at site. The performance of single powder product depends on the quality of water mixed in it. Many times the water quality is bad on building sites and contaminants in it affect the performance of single powder adhesives.
5. Can I use this product for other type of tiles like metal tiles?
No. For metal tile installation, use only epoxy based thin set adhesive. Seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member for suitable adhesive for the type of metal tile used.
6. What is the maximum size of tile that can be installed using LATICRETE® 290+LATICRETE® 333?
The maximum size of tile and stone is 8ft X 4ft for installation with LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333. If you are installing tiles larger than this size ask MYK LATICRETE team member for a suitable thin set adhesive.
7. Can I use LATICRETE® 290 +LATICRETE® 333 for external tile installations?
Yes. For external tile installations, the thermal stresses are critical and would need adhesive to become accommodative to the movements arising from these stresses. LATICRETE® 290 +LATICRETE® 333, has very high ability to accommodate such movements.
8. Can I install Natural stones using LATICRETE® 290 +LATICRETE® 333?
When you want to install Natural stones with LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333, seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member as natural stones are of various types and have absorption which may create problems like staining of stones, ugly patches, picture framing etc.,
9. If I want to use LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333 for internal / external wall tiling, what is the maximum height up to which I can install tiles?
The maximum height is 250 ft when you want to install tiles using LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333. For installation of tiles more than 250 ft height, please seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member.
10. Can I install Engineered stones / Agglomerates / Quartz using LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333?
If the engineered stones / Agglomerates / Quartz stones have to be installed on floors, you may use LATICRETE® 290 +LATICRETE® 333. But the size of stones shall not be more than 900 mm X 900 mm. For sizes higher than this, contact MYK LATICRETE Team member for seeking advice.
11. My design of external wall / Plywood board does not provide for spacing between tiles. Can I proceed using LATICRETE® 290 +LATICRETE® 333?
No. It is mandatory to have spacing between the tiles when installed on external façade, plywood boards or floors. The thermal movements are very high and spacers are must to accommodate such movements. Seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member in such case.
12. What other precautions need to be taken for installation of tiles on plywood boards.
The first and foremost is to find out from the manufacturer of the plywood for suitability of tiling over the board. Secondly, method of fixing the boards needs to be discussed with the manufacturer of board. Third precaution is to have gap between the boards, while fixing them and the gap must continue to the top of the tile. Fourth precaution is to ensure no adhesive material goes into these gaps between the boards.
13. What should I fill in the joints after installing tiles / stones on Plywood boards?
You can fill epoxy grout like LATAPOXY® SP-100 stain proof epoxy grout or SpectraLOCK Pro premium grout in the joints within the periphery of each board. On the peripheral joints of the boards, one needs to fill silicone sealant or cement based grout mixed with LATICRETE® 1776 Latex admix.
14. What should I fill in the space between tiles on external facades after installation with LATICRETE® 290 + LATICRETE® 333 thin set adhesive?
You have to use LATICRETE® cement based grout (LATICRETE® 500 series sanded grout / LATICRETE® 600 series un-sanded grout / LATICRETE® Aquashield) mixed with LATICRETE® 1776 grout admix plus for filling these spaces (Grout joints) between tiles.