1. What is LATICRETE® 111 + LATICRETE® 73 adhesive?
LATICRETE® 111 cement based Crete filler powder which is mixed with LATICRETE® 73 Latex Admix liquid to form flexible thin set adhesive and used for tile / stone installation in internal and external areas.
2. Where can I use this adhesive?
You can use LATICRETE® 111+ LATICRETE® 73 for internal and external areas like residential floors, walls to install ceramic / vitrified/ glass mosaic tiles.
3. How much LATICRETE® 73 liquid is to be mixed with LATICRETE® 111 powder?
For 20 Kg bag of LATICRETE® 111 crete filler powder, one needs 5 to 6 Liters of LATICRETE® 73. Mix latex liquid depending upon the consistency of mix required and ambient environmental conditions.
4. Is it true that it is difficult to use 2 component products such as LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73, compared to single powder product mixed with water?
Not true. In fact it is easier with two component products as there is no water mixed at site. The performance of single powder product depends on the quality of water mixed in it. Many times the water quality is bad on building sites and contaminants in it affect the performance of single powder adhesives.
5. Can I use this product for other type of tiles like metal tiles?
No. For metal tile installation, use only epoxy based thin set adhesive. Seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member for suitable adhesive for the type of metal tile used.
6. What is the maximum size of tile that can be installed using LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73?
The maximum size of tile is 1200mm X 1200mm for installation with LATICRETE® 111 + LATICRETE® 73. If you are installing tiles larger than this size ask MYK LATICRETE team member for a suitable thin set adhesive.
7. Can I use LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73 for external tile installations?
Yes. For external tile installations, the thermal stresses are critical and would need adhesive to become accommodative to the movements arising from these stresses. LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73 has the ability to accommodate such movements.
8. Can I install Natural stones using LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73?
When you want to install Natural stones with LATICRETE® 111 + LATICRETE® 73, seek advice from
MYK LATICRETE team member as natural stones are of various types and have absorption which may create problems like staining of stones, ugly patches, picture framing etc.,
9. If I want to use LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73 for internal / external wall tiling, what is the maximum height up to which I can install tiles?
There maximum height is 250 ft when you want to install tiles using LATICRETE® 111+ LATICRETE® 73. For installation of tiles more than 250 ft height, please seek advice from MYK LATICRETE team member.
10. Can I install Engineered stones / Agglomerates / Quartz using LATICRETE® 111+ LATICRETE® 73?
If the engineered stones / Agglomerates / Quartz stones have to be installed on floors, you may use LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73. But the size of stones shall not be more than 900 mm X 900 mm. For sizes higher than this, contact MYK LATICRETE Team member for seeking advice.
11. My design of external wall does not provide for spacing between tiles. Can I proceed using LATICRETE® 111+LATICRETE® 73?
No. It is mandatory to have spacing between the tiles when installed on external façade or floors. The thermal movements are very high and spacers are must to accommodate such movements.
12. What should I fill in the space between tiles on external facades after installation with LATICRETE® 111+ LATICRETE® 73 thin set adhesive?
You have to use LATICRETE® cement based grout (LATICRETE® 500 series sanded grout / LATICRETE® 600 series un-sanded grout / LATICRETE® Aquashield) mixed with LATICRETE® 1776 grout admix plus for filling these spaces (Grout joints) between tiles.